How CADH is Keeping You Safe?
The health and safety of our entire CADH community; including our students, faculty, staff, clients and visitors; remains our highest priority. As such, we have spent countless hours preparing reopening plans that meet and exceed regulatory requirements as set out by our governing bodies.
The list below sets out many of the safety measures we will be putting into place upon reopening. Please be sure to check this page regularly for continued updates to our plan.
- In addition to our regular cleaning and disinfection protocols, we have secured a specialized professional cleaning company with over 25 years experience in decontamination services who will be deep cleaning the facility just before our reopening.
- Anyone entering the campus will be assessed and tested for COVID-19 symptoms (including the use of non-contact infrared thermometers). Those exhibiting any related symptoms and/or those who may be at risk (i.e. having been in contact with someone who tested positive or who have recently arrived from out of the country) will be asked to return when safe.
- In compliance with CDHO requirements, CADH is constructing enclosed operatories that will involve aerosol generating procedures. These newly constructed rooms will be disinfected between each appointment and left empty for the required time period between each client visit.
- The HVAC system within the enclosed operatories will be reconfigured so that air flow complies with the prescribed safety standards. CADH will receive certification ensuring each room abides by compliance requirements.
- All students, faculty and staff will spend the first week of their return being trained on our updated policies and protocols which reflect all aspects of our new and improved health and safety measures.
- Revisions to the program schedule have been implemented to ensure student, faculty and client safety while allowing for students to meet their competencies. These changes include continuing all theory portions of the program via online learning until further notice. In addition, longer clinic periods will decrease the numbers of times clients need to visit and will also help students complete required clinical competencies.
- Implementation of physical distancing measures and signage throughout all parts of the facility including social distancing markers.
- All students and faculty will be professionally fitted for N95 masks which will be used as required for aerosol generating procedures. Each person will receive a 2-year certification for the size to which they are assigned as well as proper care and use of the mask. CADH is proud to have secured 3M N95 masks for students and faculty – the best-in-class product available.
- Additional hand sanitizing stands have been purchased and will be placed throughout the campus.
- CADH has chosen to employ a Health & Safety Compliance Officer whose sole purpose will be to enforce the newly mandated policies and protocols at CADH for everyone’s health and safety. The Health & Safety officer will primarily be responsible for regular cleaning of the facility as well as ensuring that safety measures such as social distancing and the wearing of proper PPE are adhered to, along with the continuous management of the flow of people throughout the CADH facility.
- Instructional signage will be posted throughout the campus to improve safety and help promote compliance with regulatory and governmental requirements.
- A plexiglass barrier has been installed at the front desk.
- In an effort to thank our clients and to assist those financially impacted, CADH is very pleased to offer free dental hygiene care to all new and existing clients from the date of reopening until October 12th, 2020. In addition, this offer will be extended to all frontline healthcare workers for a period of one year from the date of reopening.
- Students, staff and faculty will continue to receive regular training on the most effective health and safety protocols.
As a reminder, these updates are subject to change as the situation continues to evolve. Please check back regularly.