A new semester began at CADH in October. It is thrilling to see the new students who are both excited and yet feel a little overwhelmed. This is no surprise. When we take on new challenges, it is easy to feel this way until you develop a sense of familiarity with the new surroundings and schedule. I tell students that others before them have been successful, all it requires it dedication and hard work.
As one of the administrators, it is always nice to meet these students both collectively and individually. It gives me an opportunity to speak with them about the program, strategies on how to be successful, and answer any questions they may have so far.
Specifically, I advise them to:
- Schedule study time for their theory and pre-clinical course
- Be highly organized by obtaining an agenda; have a visual picture of their requirement by placing all due dates for tests and assignments in the agenda
- Review course material daily
- Complete assigned readings prior to class
- Practice instrumentation skills for 20-30 minutes per day
- Bring required resources to class/pre-clinic
- Continue to project a positive attitude
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle by balancing school workload with family leisure time
- Immediately schedule faculty meetings when needing clarification, reinforcement for learning, and reviewing concepts and/or assessments.